Monday 23 June 2008

Barcamp Re-cap



Wow!

That's the first word that comes to my mind about Barcamp Nairobi '08 which was held on 21st June. The turn out was great, sessions interesting, and lots of interesting discussions as well.

It is also worth noting that the Permanent Secretary for information made an appearance towards the end. He said that some policy changes will have to be made based on what he had there. We hope this means that the policy makers in Kenya will now work together with the tech community for development. Of course we will continue keeping them on their toes.

Thanks goes out to the organisers and those who attended for making it such a great day. Looking forward to the next one!

4 comments:

  1. This was my first Barcamp. I enjoyed it immensely. I am kicking myself now for not being more active in Skunkworks! I think that's about to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. saliked it too..for a moment i was scanning the fotos in the previous posts trying to llok for myself (so Kenyan!..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn i missed that,am kicking myself for not knowing about bar camp before the seminar.Keep me posted for any info and works of skunk and the next bar camp...The gits glamoure continues to shine

    ReplyDelete